HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03
HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 is an intelligent Swiss textile technology that is added to the fabric during the final stage of the textile manufacturing process.
TESTED EFFECTIVE AGAINST SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19)(1)
EFFECTIVE IN MINUTES*
- HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 has been tested effective 99.99% in 30 minutes against SARS-CoV-2, the COVID-19 causing virus(1)
- Residual virus infectivity tested according to a modified ISO 20743 method (Sendai virus), rapid antiviral effect demonstrated within 2-5 minutes(2)
- Tested according to ISO 18184 as strong antiviral and ISO 20743 as strong antibacterial against enveloped viruses and bacteria(3)
- Certified as safe and sustainable as all its ingredients are cosmetic grade, bio-based (72% bio-based carbon)(4) and recycled
- HeiQ Viroblock Technology was developed at first for the Ebola crisis in 2013. The medical class 1 FFP2 masks used during the crisis in Africa have recently been tested again. The antimicrobial performance was unchanged after 7 years of shelf-life (5)
- EU REACH and US FIFRA compliant, OEKOTEX® certified, ZDHC and bluesign® homologized
- Treated textile articles are compliant with EU BPR and US EPA
- HeiQ Viroblock FFP2 respirator masks with antiviral and antimicrobial surface are US FDA approved.
- Suitable for all fiber types, from medical nonwovens (e.g. face masks) to fabrics for clothing and home textiles
- For washable fabrics: Lasts at least 30 gentle washes at 60°C (140°F) ((ISO 6330 6G)
- Resists on wool up to 5 dry cleanings
- Hypoallergenic, provides a self-sanitizing and germ resistant surface(6)
- Patent pending antiviral and antibacterial technology
* Antimicrobial efficacy demonstrated on HeiQ’s fabrics. Efficacy may vary depending on fiber type, application dosage of the treatment, fabric impurities and application procedure.
TESTED EFFECTIVE AGAINST SARS-COV-2*
99.99% REDUCTION OF THE COVID-19 CAUSING VIRUS
HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 is among the first textile technologies in the world to be proven effective against SARS-CoV-2 by an independent institution*. SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped virus from the coronavirus family that causes COVID-19.
Tests have been conducted by HeiQ with the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity in Melbourne, Australia (Doherty Institute).
HeiQ Viroblock is designed to inhibit the growth and persistence of bacteria and enveloped viruses on textile surfaces. It’s a unique combination of our registered silver technology for antiviral and antibacterial effect and our vesicle technology as a booster.
* McAuley J. (2020) Report on “Viral Stability and Persistence of SARS-CoV-2 on Treated Material”. Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Melbourne.
HEIQ VIROBLOCK NPJ03 TREATED FACE MASKS
Aerosol challenge test ASTM F2101(7): Face masks (N95/FFP2/KN95 type) treated with HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 (Viroblock) have been tested according to GLP standards relative to the untreated control masks.(8)
Treated face masks show significantly improved reduction in virus infectivity compared to untreated control masks.(9)
Antiviral efficacy test (ISO 18184): Nonwoven material for disposable face masks treated with HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 has been tested according to ISO 18184 standard.(10)
HeiQ ViroblockNPJ03 treated nonwoven material shows excellent antiviral efficacy.
(7) Test performed according to Aerosol challenge test (ASTM F2101) with modifications to virus testing.
(8) 2013, ID number 798110-798116, Microbac Laboratories Inc. USA, Dr. Zhou. ASTM F2101 is NOT a simple antimicrobial test!The test mask is mounted and sealed within a test chamber. A nebulizer delivers an aerosol of the target virus inoculum to the upstream side of the mask. A collection dish placed below the mask downstream collects aerosol droplets that pass through the mask sample. The reduction in infectivity with and without mask is calculated as an indicator of effectiveness.
(9) Difference in log reduction of Δ=1 indicates 10x and Δ=2 indicates 100x
(10) 2020, 2020FM 03839R06 test report, “ISO 18184 – Determination of antiviral activity of textile products”, Guandong Detection Center of Microbiology, China
A POTENTIAL VECTOR: TEXTILE SURFACE
Face masks are supposed to protect the wearer and/or the others but they are also a potential vector for viruses and bacteria!
During, before and after use, there is a risk of transferring pathogen to and picking up pathogen from the surface of the face masks:
a) When picking it up
b) When putting it on or taking off
c) When disposing it unsafely/leaving it lying around
d) When touching it while wearing or for adjustment
And there is always the risk of contracting the virus through touching the face after touching the contaminated surface of the mask or other surfaces contaminated by the mask.
EFFECTIVE IN MINUTES
HeiQ Viroblock’s rapid mode of action makes this technology one-of-a-kind to destroy harmful enveloped viruses.
It is a unique combination of HeiQ’s advanced silver technology and a vesicle technology as a booster. Silver admits silver-ions to inhibit bacteria on the fabric surface. The vesicle technology depletes the viral membrane thus silver can work more efficiently and rapidly to attack the core of the virus.
Help Stop the Spread of Covid-19Protect Yourself from Getting Infected
HEIQ VIROBLOCK IS DESIGNED FOR A WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS:
Protective medical fabrics, e.g. used for face masks, clothing; products of all fiber types (especially nonwovens) can benefit from this innovative fabric treatment.
Antimicrobial properties built in to protect the product. Product does not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease organisms. Always clean the product thoroughly after each use.